I am currently a software engineer at Google working on F1.
I obtained my Ph.D. in Computer Science from UCLA in 2017, working in the Scalable Analytics Institute (ScAi) with Professor Carlo Zaniolo.
Before that, I received my Bachelor's degree from the ACM Honored Class, Shanghai Jiao Tong University in June 2010.
You can contact me at lastname at cs.ucla.edu.
- Deductive Application Language System (DeALS),
a new Datalog system that (i) supports classical Datalog constructs including stratified aggregates, negation and XY-stratification,
and the new monotonic aggregates that can be used in recursive rules;
and (ii) optimizes parallel execution over diverse platforms including multi-core machines and
It enables the efficient support of complex data analytics pipelines that consist of relational and/or graph data processing workloads in a single declarative language.
- Carlo Zaniolo, Mohan Yang, Ariyam Das, Alexander Shkapsky, Tyson Condie, Matteo Interlandi, Fixpoint semantics and optimization of recursive Datalog programs with aggregates, TPLP. arXiv
- Muhao Chen, Yingtao Tian, Mohan Yang, Carlo Zaniolo, Multilingual Knowledge Graph Embeddings for Cross-lingual Knowledge Alignment, IJCAI 2017. arXiv
- Mohan Yang, Alexander Shkapsky, Carlo Zaniolo, Scaling up the performance of more powerful Datalog systems on multicore machines, The VLDB Journal.
- Alexander Shkapsky, Mohan Yang, Matteo Interlandi, Hsuan Chiu, Tyson Condie, Carlo Zaniolo, Big Data Analytics with Datalog Queries on Spark, SIGMOD 2016.
- Carlo Zaniolo, Mohan Yang, Ariyam Das, Matteo Interlandi, The Magic of Pushing Extrema into Recursion: Simple and Powerful Datalog Programs, AMW 2016.
- Mohan Yang, Alexander Shkapsky, Carlo Zaniolo, Parallel Bottom-Up Evaluation of Logic Programs: DeALS on Shared-Memory Multicore Machines, Technical Communications of ICLP 2015. technical report
- Alexander Shkapsky, Mohan Yang, Carlo Zaniolo, Optimizing Recursive Queries with Monotonic Aggregates in DeALS, ICDE 2015. technical report
- Mohan Yang, Carlo Zaniolo, Main Memory Evaluation of Recursive Queries on Multicore Machines, BigData 2014. slides technical report
- Mohan Yang, Bolin Ding, Surajit Chaudhuri, Kaushik Chakrabarti, Finding Patterns in a Knowledge Base using Keywords to Compose Table Answers, PVLDB 2014. technical report
- Ming Duan, Mohan Yang, Xiaorui Sun, Bo Zhu, Xuejia Lai, Distinguishing properties and applications of higher order derivatives of Boolean functions, Information Sciences 271, 224-235, 2014.
- Kai Zeng, Mohan Yang, Barzan Mozafari, Carlo Zaniolo, Complex Pattern Matching in Complex Structures: the XSeq Approach, ICDE 2013 (demo track).
- Mohan Yang, Haixun Wang, Haiquan Chen, Wei-Shinn Ku, Querying Uncertain Data with Aggregate Constraints, SIGMOD 2011: 817-828.
- Mohan Yang, Haixun Wang, Lipyeow Lim, Min Wang, Optimizing content freshness of relations extracted from the web using keyword search, SIGMOD 2010: 819-830.
- Mohan Yang and Xuejia Lai, The Computational Method of the Algebraic Degree of Boolean Functions, ChinaCrypt 2009, Guangzhou, China.